WIP Joy Challenge - Day Ten: Anyone Suffering From A Broken Heart?

For the month of January, I'll be taking part in the WIP Joy Challenge, created by Bethany A. Jennings (found via a share from Adam.C.Macdonald).



None of my characters are suffering from a broken heart, but both Jade and Seth have issues from their previously relationships that get in the way of them moving forward in their new relationship.

Here's what Seth has to say on the failing of his marriage:


I have no intention of ever going back to Tessa. Yes, I was in love with her once, and she’ll always have a place in my heart, but whatever she and I had died a long time ago.

The tears were obvious in his eyes, and my throat felt thick knowing I’d contributed by probing too deeply.

“Thank you for being honest with me.”

“I want us to have a chance. If we decided later down the road there isn’t a spark there or whatever, we’ll deal with it. But I couldn’t bare thinking I’d messed things up before they even got going by not being open with you. That’s one mistake Tessa and I made, and I don’t intend to repeat it.”

“Can I ask what happened? You said you loved her once, and well, twenty years is a long time.”

Seth sighed and raked his hands through his hair.

“I’ve asked myself that question a lot. I guess the simplest answer is, we grew apart. We weren’t the same people we were when we got married. Somewhere between having Alexa, and her growing up, what me and Tessa wanted became different.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.