WIP Joy Challenge - Day Fourteen: Which Characters Gt Along Worst With Each Other?

For the month of January, I'll be taking part in the WIP Joy Challenge, created by Bethany A. Jennings (found via a share from Adam.C.Macdonald).


I've already touched upon the fact that Jade and her co-worker Courtney have a mutual hatred for each other.

Here's a scene that really exemplifies that:

As I deepened the kiss, I heard a screech from behind us.
 
“Oh my god. So, the newspapers weren’t lying. You two really are together?” 
My heart felt like led. Of all the people who had to see me and Seth kissing, it was Courtney Sinclair.  
I turned around to face her, my eyes narrowing. “Yeah, we are. Do you have a problem with that?” 
“A problem? This is fucking hilarious. Miss high and mighty, having me about accidentally showing a little more of myself than I’d intended on a night out, and here she is making moves on a man twice her age. What’s the matter, Jade? No one your own age interested in you? Or do you hope you can get your claws in good and proper, and score yourself a nice sugar daddy?” 
Before Seth could stop me, I’d jumped up off the couch and charged towards Courtney, my hand hovered just inches away from slapping that smug smile off her face. 
I stopped myself just in time, let out a breath, and stepped back. “Not even you’re worth losing my job over.” 
“Oh, you’ll lose your job. When I tell HR you raised your hand to me, you’re out of here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.