WIP Joy Challenge - Day Fifteen: At It's Best, my WIP's Dialogue Is ...

For the month of January, I'll be taking part in the WIP Joy Challenge, created by Bethany A. Jennings (found via a share from Adam.C.Macdonald).


I hope when people read my age-gap romance the find the dialogue funny, honest, and realistic.

Here's a snippet, what do you think?

I turned to Maria. “So, what’s the score with you and Rich?”
 
Maria laughed. “What? Me and Rich?” 
The alcohol making me forget my earlier promise, I said, “Yeah, he likes you.” 
Maria’s eyes widened and her body went ridged. “Seriously?” 
“That’s what he said to me earlier. But shit-” The memory came flooding back. “I wasn’t supposed to say anything.” 
“Oopsie,” Kelly interjected, and we all started giggling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.