F is for Fae



Thank you for all the comments on yesterday’s entry, E is for Elizabeth Bathory. I continue the A-Z today with;
F is for Fae
The Fae are one of many forms of Changelings under Ancile control. In their natural form they are similar in size and stature to their cousins the Pixies; ranging from between 6-8 inches, being slight of form, and possessing insect like wings. However, Fae can also shift their shape, meaning they can take on many forms including human.

Made with Azaleas Dolls Dark Fairy Creator

Fae are mostly benevolent creatures, though they have a reputation as tricksters and pranksters, and many are in possession of great abilities. 
Legends and myths of Fae date back as far as Ancile records exist, and many contain reports of mortals being spirited away to Faerie land.  
As well as the usual prenatural weakness to silver, and its obsidian alloy Reverard, the Fae are also weak to iron. Though, ironically it was the Fae who taught the Ancile the method of combining silver with obsidian and forging weapons from it to fight malevolent prenatural entities. 

Fae skills include a deep knowledge of the prenatural, possessing the only records greater than the Ancile’s. They also have extensive wisdom regarding materials and plants that can be used in potion making. Over time, their experience has been combined with that of the Ancile’s; helping them to combat the prenatural. 

It is through Fae blood, and their unions with mortals that many other Changelings, including Werewolves and Kitsunes exist. 

The Fae’s true names are often held in high secret and knowing a Fae’s true name mean it will become bound to your will. At present, the Ancile have on record at least 1000 Fae true names. 

The following is a first-hand account of a Suppressor’s dealings with a Fae.

Narrated by: Mike Tully, West Midlands Unit Suppressor, September 21st, 2010.
Transcribed by: Wynnifred Mayweather, West Midlands Unit Scholar, September 21st, 2010.

I’m an utter failure. I’ve been in The Ancile for just over a month, and I managed to royally fuck up my first mission.

And all because of a girl!

Bernard had ordered me on a simple knowledge and supplies gathering mission. I was to collect records and Reverard weapons from the Ancile’s Fae contact. 

I looked through Wynnifred’s data on the Fae and after reading up on them, thought my mission should be pretty simple. So, armed with my cross bow, and an offering of lemon cakes for the Fae, I made my way to the appointed meeting place; an area of woodlands - not far from where I’d helped the Ancile defeat a Shriek of Banshees a year previously- where ley lines of power converged.

After waiting more than fifteen minutes, with no sightings of the Fae, a girl appeared. She was dressed in simple clothes; her dark hair bound in a plat down her back, and appeared to be simply walking in the woods.

My instincts as a former park ranger took over.

“Are you alright?” I asked. “You’re not lost, are you?”

“Oh no, I’m exactly where I want to be,” she said wryly. 

She sauntered past me, and I caught sight of her startling green eyes. I’d only been around a few prenatural beings, but I knew in that instant she wasn’t human.

Looking at me over her shoulder, she beckoned me forwards with a wave of her fingers. “Follow me.”

“I … erm … I’m waiting for someone.”

She gave a musical little giggle. “You’re new, aren’t you? I’m going to have a lot of fun with you. Now come on, follow.”

Not sure what else to do, I chased after her, through the trees, until suddenly I was no longer in the woods. Well, at least, I wasn’t in the woods of this world. 

Around me the fir trees reached up to the sky, and when I looked ahead at my guide, I saw she had changed. Her long dark braid had been replaced berry read ringlets cascading down her back. Her simple jeans and hoodie had turned into a strange dress made from leaves and flower petals. When she turned to face me, her green eyes were luminescent.

She was breath taking, and I was bewitched in an instant.
She led me to a small simple cottage, and through to a bed lined with silky soft sheets. Without any sense of embarrassment, she laid down and took off her clothes. 

With her perfect, rounded breasts and peachy skin I was powerless to resist. I laid down beside her and shed my own clothing.
Soon her wicked little mouth, and impish tongue went to work on me, and I was lost in a world of bliss. 

Day blurred into day, and I lost all concept of time. The only breaks from our rampant passion came when either, as a simple mortal, I found myself exhausted and needed to sleep, or we stopped to eat the most delicious fruits and heady wines. 

It was a weak later when Bernard and the others found me.

Sarah ribbed me about it for weeks, and Sol still reminds me now how I was spirited away by the Faeries.

Not that I need a reminder. I will never forget Sephy, her gorgeous red hair, or her shining green eyes.

Although Bernard no longer sends me on missions involving the Fae.

------
Check back on Monday April 8th for G is for Ghosts, and if you're interested please check out my personal blog's forth entry F isfor Fringe.




18 comments:

  1. Wow! I loved that snippet. Spirited away by the Fae, indeed. What great imagery and description. I'm really loving all of your characters and themes Clare- you can tell how much work you put in here and it's fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, glad you're enjoying it so much. A lot of this is just coming out of my brain as I think of a letter. Though it is spawning excellent ideas for the story world the A-Z is set in.

      Delete
  2. This post managed to be both sexy and funny. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting account. Fae are everywhere in the literary world these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheena-kay. I have noticed an increase in Fae in literature, I think because there's so many ways they can be interpreted.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. LOL I'm sure everyone is powerless again the Fae, man or woman! ;)

      Delete
  5. Fabulous piece! Poor guy, but we all have our weaknesses. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What we won't do for a pretty girl.

    Dropping in from A to Z. This is my first year participating.

    Brett Minor
    Transformed Nonconformist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, what a crafty little thing. I love the old opinions of faries and pixies etc who were supposed to be dangerous and tricksters. Your poor character! He sounds a little embarrassed by his experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! The fae are trixy little creatures, aren't they! I think my character was not only embarrassed, but slightly misses his fae lover too.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.