Celebrate the Small Things Meme


Today I'm taking part in Viklit's Celebrate the Small Things Meme. The basic idea is to get together every Friday and celebrate the small things you've achieved; be it finished a section of your WIP, stuck to your diet, done some exercise, etc. Look back to last weekend and what you wanted to accomplish this week, and congratulate yourself for the things you've achieved.

First, I want to say thanks to Vik for the shoutout on her blog. Much appreciated. 

This week I'm celebrating achieving fourteen out of the fifteen things on my 'to-do' list, and the fifteenth thing, I've done half of. 

Some of my tasks included planning my current project - yesterday I got down a one-sentence summary, and a three act synopsis of the story. Now I can begin working on a scene list.

I've caught up on emails and messages for the whole week, including beta reading Christine Rains' soon-to-be released paranormal romance, The Dragonslayer.

I've also gotten my youngest prepared for him starting nursery school this coming Monday, by having a teacher home visit on Wednesday and a one-hour stay-and play session today. The little guy can't wait to go back Monday. 

I'm very happy with all I'm managed to get done, and the extras that I added to the list, like helping my Hubby edit his article on the Dangers of Sexting (which I will link you to when he's had it accepted somewhere.)

Next week, I'm looking forwards to three hours in the morning without the little guy around, and think it'll be time to start making real headway on my new project.

What are you guys celebrating this week? I'd love to hear what you've been up to, and I'll also be hopping around to some of the other blogs on the sing up list.

I'm also celebrating Kyra Lennon's success, as she's giving away her contemporary romance, Blindsided (book 2 in the Game On series) for free this weekend. The offer is only available until Sunday, so check out her blog for buying links. You won't regret it, this is a sweet, warm lovely story about first love between two people who really deserve it!

Kyra has even more to celebrate as it's also her one year Blogaversary and she's hosting a giveaway in which you could win 2 eBook copies of Blindsided OR Game On OR If I Let You Go. Paperback copy of Blindsided OR Game On. 3 Chapter Critique. Enter the giveaway here.  

Speaking of Blogaversary giveaways, in celebration of my one year Blogaversary, I'm giving away a £15 Amazon Voucher. Details can be found here

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy weekend and I'll be back sometime next week.


39 comments:

  1. Busy times! Congrats on all your work this week, and thank you for the shoutouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15 things! That's a lot. No doubt you had a satisfying productive week. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't realise I'd done so much until I counted it up today. :)

      Delete
  3. Well this week I'm happy to say I've started writing fan fiction again. While not in my 'fiction' section like my WIPs I haven't written in a while and I love fan fiction. I also plan to get some WIP writing done over the weekend. Glad you got things done this week and hope next week is even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheena. What are you writing fanfiction about? I still dip my toe in the Harry Potter pool from time to time, it's far less pressure than working on my original stories.

      Delete
  4. Hope you enjoy those three hours and put them to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were able to do all those things with your little guy around? You must be one organized lady. You deserve to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hehe* Thanks! It helps having the Hubby work from home, we share duties. :D

      Delete
  6. Finishing the list and keeping up with emails is definitely something to celebrate in my world! Now it's time to breathe and enjoy your weekend :) Stopping in from Effectively Human: http://effectivelyhuman.blogspot.com/2013/01/celebrate-small-things.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in. Yes, I very much plan on enjoying my weekend; I think some video games are in order. :D

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you've done a great job getting your son ready and eager for his big day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It helps his older brother goes to the same school. :)

      Delete
  8. Celebrating the small things is such a great practice. Love this meme and the ideas behind it.

    Good luck to your youngest as he starts his nursery school! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. When you look back on a week and see all you've accomplished, it really makes you feel good.

      Thanks, he's very much looking forwards to it. :D

      Delete
  9. Yay on your accomplishments and for Kyra's new book. I hope you enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. Enjoy your weekend, too! :D

      Delete
  10. GREAT list! Thank you so for joining in and no worries on the shout out - a year is a thing to celebrate!

    Sounds like you have done some ace story planning hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for coming up with the meme, it's such a great idea.

      I am really pleased with how the planning is going, and excited to start writing.

      Delete
  11. It is great when you look at your list and see that most everything has been accomplished. Congrats! Even catching up on email is a heavy task these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is fantastic looking back and seeing what you've accomplished. Catching up on emails is indeed a heavy task, especially if you include social media site in the list. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  12. You've got so much going on, I hope those three hours are good to you. Sounds like you are doing well and life treating you wonderfully!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. Life is good, so I'm counting my blessings. And I'm sure I'll put the three hours while my little guy is at nursery to good use.

      Delete
  13. That's awesome you've got so much done! And thanks for the link. You're a fabulous beta reader, especially since I bug you with so many questions. I was happy to get my revisions done this week and start on a few guest posts for my tour. I'm ready for the weekend and for a nap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm quite proud of myself. And you're welcome; I love betaing for you, your stories inspire me so much. Excellent work getting your revisions done, and some blog posts tours!
      Did you have a good weekend? Mine was quiet and relaxing. :D

      Delete
  14. By your header, I'm guessing you write Paranormal Romance? Or Romantic Suspense? I'm glad your week went well, and I'm stunned by how quickly you got a synopsis written. It can take me weeks to write one. Have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. I write a little bit of both, by mostly PR. Well it's taken me weeks to prepare, this ideas been floating around for a while, and I've been making notes for a couple of weeks. Thanks, hope you had a great weekend too. :D

      Delete
  15. Well, all my goals this week are day job related. I did accomplish revisions on a short story submission, but they were so easy to finish I don't really feel I succeeded at anything.

    Congrats on finishing so nearly all of your goals. What a great feeling; and I'm sure you'll accomplish more next week with feeling so good this week.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get your work related goals done? I hope so. And congrats on completing the revisions. :D

      Thank you, it is a great feeling, and I'm looking forwards to the week ahead. :D

      Delete
  16. Wow! good for you Clare! I need to take a note out of your book!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you were quite the productive lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was quite pleased with what I accomplished. :D

      Delete
  18. Wow! Congrats on all your accomplishments this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Great for accomplishing so many things! I'm envious and happy for you lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fourteen out of fifteen things... you should be proud of yourself!
    Good luck to the little guy as he starts nursery school.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Little guy's first week of nursery school went well. Weekend with Oldest's birthday party was great. :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.